- November 26, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Uncategorized
If you’re an Indian citizen and you don’t already have an Aadhar card, it’s about time you got one. The Aadhar card is a government identification card. Having this card has multiple benefits and advantages. Additionally, the Aadhar card is required for a lot of official work too. This document serves as an address proof and identity proof. Every Indian citizen can apply for an Aadhar card irrespective of gender or age. Even senior citizens, infants, children and adults have the right to their very own Aadhar card. You will find a unique 12 digit code on Every Aadhar card has.
How To Apply For Aadhar Card?
If you haven’t already applied for your Aadhar card, you need to apply for one at the earliest. This document is super useful and has countless benefits that will help you with official work. The application process for the Aadhar card is easy. You will require photocopies of official documents that serve as identity and address proof. These documents include your passport copy, copy of your driving license, electricity bill, telephone bill, bank statements and PAN card. All these documents will have to be personally taken by you to your local Aadhar Centre for submission.
At the time of submission of these documents and application process of Aadhar card, you will be required for biometric profiling. Your fingerprints and retina scan will be taken during this biometric profiling stage of the Aadhar application process. The Aadhar application process is absolutely free of cost.
What Makes The Aadhar Card Unique?
Although Indian citizens have a large number of identities and address proof documents, the Aadhar card is unique from any such documents. The Aadhar card is unique because of the following reasons:
- It plays a very important role in preventing frauds and misuse of identity.
- Every Aadhar card has unique biometric information (fingerprints and retina scan of the cardholder).
- It has a unique 12 digit code.
How Long Is The Aadhar Card Valid For?
The best part about the Aadhar card is that it has lifelong validity. Unlike other official identity documents like the passport and driving license, you don’t need to renew your Aadhar card from time to time because this document doesn’t have any expiry. However, in the event that your personal details have changed (through marriage, or change of address and so on), you can always have the details on your Aadhar card changed with a few quick and easy steps. You will require supporting documentation for the update in the Aadhar card details.
How To Apply For Duplicate Aadhar Card?
Have you recently lost your Aadhar card and need a duplicate one on urgent basis? Well, there’s no need to worry. The application process the duplicate Aadhar card is a simple and easy one. You just need to follow these simple and easy steps and you can learn how to apply for a duplicate aadhar card and get it on your email address or mobile phone within a few clicks:
- Log onto the official Aadhar card portal.
- On the portal you can retrieve either your enrolment number of your Aadhar number (UID).
- You will be required to fill in your full details when retrieving either one of the numbers. The details that you will require to add include your full name, address, mobile number and email address. Once you have filled in these details, you will have to click on the “Get OTP” button.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered email address and mobile phone.
- Once you have filled in the OTP in the given box, you will receive your Aadhar number or enrolment number on your email and mobile phone. You will then need to go back to the click on the “I have” button for either the enrolment number or Aadhar number on the Aadhar portal itself.
- Next you need to enter the Aadhar / enrolment number along with all your details and click on the “get OTP” again. The OTP will be sent to your registered email address and mobile number. Fill in the OTP in the “enter OTP” box on the Aadhar portal.
- Once you have entered the OTP hit the “validate and download” button.
- You will successfully be able to download your eAadhar card in PDF format. You will be asked for a security code / password to open the PDF file. The password is your pin code. You can print out your Aadhar card too.
Benefits Of Aadhar Card
Having an Aadhar card has a myriad of benefits for the Indian citizen. Let’s now discuss a few of these benefits that the Aadhar card has:
- Having an Aadhar card is extremely beneficial because with the help of the Aadhar card, you can have your LPG subsidy transferred directly into your bank account. In order to procure this benefit, all you need to do is link your 12 digit Aadhar number with your 17 digit LPG consumer number at your local LPG provider.
- With the help of the Aadhar card, you can receive your passport in as less as ten days. Earlier, one could not receive the passport until the police verification process was not complete. Now with the Aadhar card, you will receive your passport within ten days and the police verification can be carried out after the receipt of the passport.
- Another reason why the Aadhar card is extremely beneficial is because this document alone is adequate proof for one to open a new bank account. Before the introduction of the Aadhar card, the bank account opening process was a long and tedious one. Countless documents and identity and address proofs were required. However, now the Aadhar card alone is enough since this document plays the role of address and identity proof.
- You will not be able to obtain a new mobile number without the Aadhar card. The government has made it compulsory to show and hand over a photocopy of the Aadhar card if one wishes to procure a new mobile number. The Aadhar card and mobile number are linked in a way similar to the Aadhar card and LPG connection.
The post Easy Steps To Apply For A Duplicate Aadhar Card Online appeared first on erpinnews.